Friday, August 24, 2012

Week 6
To start, I could not be more grateful for my super suppportive and loving family. Thank you so so so much. This week has been pretty great! I did a lot of studying, and have been eagerly trying to complete a task in Preach My Gospel. I'm looking for a scripture to relate to every sentence in the lesson sections. It's actually pretty hard for some, but worth it. It makes me think and search really hard.
On Tuesday night we were lucky enough to have Elder Neil L. Anderson come and speak to us in the MTC. He shared 9 things that he said President Monson would say if he had been there. It was also President Monson's Birthday! The nine points were
1) "Follow the Prophet"--The Lord has called us through the Prophet Thomas S. Monson and He needs missionaries. He expects it of us who have been given so much [Mosiah 4]. We must keep ourselves clean, and pure, and worthy. 
2) "Do your duty"--"Do your duty, that is best. Leave unto the Lord the rest" Obedience leads us to the treasures in our lives. 
3) "Trust in the Lord: You will be an instrument in His hands" [Proverbs 3:5-6] We speak of things unseen for things which are seen are merely temporal. We are all required to know what we are capable of, and prepare to do it. We are all instruments in an assembly, we don't always know where we fit in the process. 
4) "Let the Lord shape your back"-- We need not preoccupy ourselves with comparisons. "Whilst we are on the Lord's errand we are entitled to His help." We would never be able to do this alone, only through the help of Jesus Chirst are we able to do this great work.
5) "Smile, enjoy yourself" -- Look for the positive. Laugh. Find joy in life. "Life is not meant to be only endured, but to be enjoyed"
6) "Love the people you serve" -- See Section 84 of the Doctrine and Covenants.
7) "Never ignore a prompting"-- The Lord will trust us the more that we heed His whisperings. Never, never, never ignore a prompting of the Spirit. Follow these promptings and pray for them.
8) "Testify of the Prophet Joseph Smith"--No matte our pre-conceieved notions, never turn down an opportunity to bear witness of the greatest man to ever live, save Jesus Christ. Be unafraid to testify of him.
9) "Become converted to the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ: Witness the power of the Savior" Let Christ penetrate our hearts unto the deepest part of our understanding and let him change us. I know He lives. He is risen. As the angel said to Mary when she came to tend to Christ's bodym: "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, for He is risen". The Fall of Adam was redeemed through Him. We have the light of His revealed truth. He knows us, He loves us. He has carried our crosses, He has experienced all pain that He may be able to heal us.
District 12A is doing well. We're all getting along for the most part and Elder Morris and I have gotten pretty close this week. I saw Elder Mike Trauntvein yesterday and my friend Elder Spencer Payne. They're both doing well and getting used to the MTC. They have no idea what they're in for yet! haha. I have received many nice letters and DearElders. I pray every night that they don't stop! Shoutout to the lovely Walton fam and all the support they give me! Hope the trip is going well if you're reading this! and the Jane McGill, thanks for the letter! hope the arm heals soon :)
Sadly, a lot of my good MTC friends left this week, but it made me so excited to get out of here. I love the MTC, but the field is white all ready to harvest!
The everday life has been easier this week than last, and I'm sure that is thanks to the many prayers I receive from all you that are reading this. I love you all! Please keep me in your prayers!! I need them.
Anyway, just picked up a nice sack lunch and can't wait to eat this yogurt, so until next week, I love you all and keep the faith!!
Elder Bolton

No comments:

Post a Comment